Great news for the Survival Horror fans from all over the world: The Evil Within, the much anticipated AAA title has gone gold for all three gaming platforms it is going to be produced on. This means, that the finishing touches have been done and the game is literally ready to be played in its full glory! Bethesda will take advantage of the timeframe from today, until release date, to fully copy, package and deliver physical game copies all around the world.
As you may probably know by now, The Evil Within is due to launch on 14th of October 2014 when it will become available to be purchased for PC, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, XBOX360 and XBOX One.
Not only that, but Bethesda has also published the official system requirements for the game today. Please be mindful that the following specifications are the recommanded ones, as per calculations of the development team.
When playing The Evil Within on a system that does not meet the requirements below, the optimal gaming experience cannot be guaranteed.
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8 Operating System
- i7 with at least 4 cores
- 4 GB RAM
- 50 free HDD space
- GeForce GTX 670 or similar graphic card with 4GB VRAM
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Steam Account (both boxed and digital copies of the game will be activated over a Steam account!)
* The 50 GB free Hard Disk space is required for the installation. After the installation is completed, only 41 GB of space will be required.
Since we are talking about necessary storage space, here are the requirements for the console version of the game:
- XBOX One – 40 GB
- Playstation 4 – 40 GB
- Playstation 3 – 7 GB
- XBOX 360 – 7 GB
Please be mindful of the fact that The Evil Within will require to be installed on the hard drive of the XBOX 360 or an USB 2.0 drive.