A few weeks ago I received from our buddies at GearBest a new VR headset called VR Shinecon. There is a boom in the tech world with the VR headsets this year and I already have at home a Gear VR for my Samsung 6.
However I was very curious if a much cheaper VR headset will give me the same experience. To be honest I was very skeptical at first because of it’s price which is 24$. For this review, I will write a short list with pros and cons on what I consider it has an impact over the experience with the Shinecon glasses.
- The most important thing about VR Shinecon is that it can be used with multiple phones. It can be used with phones that have displays between 4.7 and 6 inches. It works very well with my Samsung 6, LG G3 and iPhone 5s.
- Highly adjustable and flexible. You can adjust the lens and the focal length to fit well for your eyes. It’s very important to adjust, otherwise you can get an ugly headache after some time.
- The elastic band design is super convenient to wear the 3D glasses on the head. I really hated the Gear VR system, which is much more rigid.
- Very good lens with vacuum ion plating film, protecting the eyes from phone’s radiation.
- There are lots of VR applications on Google Play which are really nice and they offer a good experience with the headset.
- Every time you want to change the application or exit the application, you have to take down the glasses, open them, change the app on the phone put the headset back. Maybe I’m just lazy, but seems like a lot of work to do. That’s why Gear VR or an Oculus Rift wins here, you can change the application in Oculus Store without taking down the headset. Maybe there is some store and I’m not aware of it.
- It’s a little bit heavy. Not too much but it could be lighter.
- The mat used to protect the face makes me sweat after some time.
- There are no buttons on the headset. If you don’t have a Bluetooth controller, you can’t do much. Fortunately I got a B100 remote received with the glasses.
In my opinion, VR Shinecon glasses offer a great virtual reality experience for a really cheap price. You can easily play games, watch movies and watch Youtube. However if you want more you should probably can go with Gear VR or Oculus Rift. Find more about Shinecon here.